Thursday, August 26, 2010

Lost in Transition

Transition from a full time student to a full time working adult ain't going well for me so far. I have been unable to find a suitable job for myself. People always ask me..what kind of job are you looking for? What industry are you looking at? To be honest i do not really have a clue... but i know what i dun like. I hate working in a office environment in the finance field.. I hate working without a purpose.. I hate politics in the office.. sigh.. seems like i am quite picky.. lols.

Had an interview for a dream ( or should i say very very suitable) job last week. Its for the education programme officer post at HCI. I screwed up.. first of all, the weather was really unkind to me. It rained very heavily that morning and the jams didn't help. To top it all, i took a wrong bus and had to u-turn which made me late for my interview. Feedback was that i wasn't confident enough.. sigh. It was the right job for me. Stable pay, good vibes and environment, educating and the chance to influence/share my knowledge to students strongly appealed to me. But its not meant to be.. god please give me a sign..!

Went to watch the youth olympics soccer finals plus 3rd/4th placing today with holy and ken. It was quite a spectacle. Plenty of goals, playacting and fouls in both games. Singapore played really well and i was quite impressed with the level of skill they have. They defeated the Montenegro team four goals to one even tho almost all of them are at least a head shorter than them. It was like watching mens vs boys and the boys won. Great futures ahead for them! Bolivia were deserving gold medalists. They are in a league of their own - a different class above the rest. Some pictures from the game..







2 comments:

eunice said...

"I hate working in a office environment in the finance field"

hahah! are you talking about dhl?? LOL!

Soo said...

hahahahaha!!! yeaaaa!!! but i love the colleagues :))